The Surveying and Geospatial Engineering (SAGE) Laboratory is a central space to support SAGE teaching and research. It has state-of-the-art surveying instruments and up-to-date software packages for catching up the latest technology development in surveying and geospatial engineering.
- Morden surveying instruments including robotic total stations, digital total stations and digital levels
- GNSS receivers, GNSS signal replicators and a CORSnet station.
- A Leica terestrial laser scanner and a handheld laser scanner.
- Desktop workstation computers, multi-GPU Linux computers and satellite imagery servers.
- Remotely piloted aircraft systems (RPAS) for aerial photogrammetry, remote sensing and lidar.
- Close range photogrammetry devices (e.g. DSLR cameras, iSense3D scanner, Leica BLK3D).
- GNSS and IMU data processing software e.g. Waypoint Inertial Explorer.
- Close range photogrammetry software e.g. Australis, iWitnessPro and Photomodeler.
- GIS, aerial photogrammetry and remote sensing software e.g. ArcGIS, ERDAS, ENVI, Px4D, Correlator3D.
- Lidar data processing and visualisation software e.g. Quick Terrain Modeler and LAStools
- Surveying and geospatial data processing applications e.g. Leica Infinity, Cyclone, Magnet Office, AutoDesk Civil3D, Fixit4